Pages

September 11, 2012

Autumn Pinterest Projects

If y'all haven't figured out that I'm Pinterest-obsessed by now, you might just be totally clueless! ;-)

Here's the thing about pin boards. I'd say that for most people, it's a way to waste away the hours looking at cool projects you'll never do, food recipes you'll never make, clothes you'll never wear, interior designs that you'll never recreate... etc etc. You know, picturing this dream life for yourself that you'll never make happen. I think people's wedding boards are probably more realistic.. I, for one, basically planned the entirety of my wedding through Pinterest!

For me, Pinterest is a great visualization tool...
I pin things that make me feel good, projects or recipes that are worthwhile and reasonable for me to complete, and inspiration for realistic homemaking. I want to be a crafty homemaker, I want to make new recipes constantly, I want to throw cute little themed parties at my house! I feel like those things are going to be very fulfilling for me, personally, and if I can think positively about those things and know that I have the resources to make them happen, it makes those projects seem easier to complete. Then, knowing that those things are easily accomplished, I know that I will do them. So in the future, I will be happy and feel fulfilled. Because I'm already thinking positively about the future, it is more likely to happen that way.

I will admit to having two "Dream" boards: one for a dream home and one for a dream vacation. These are two things that are important to me, though: having a beautiful, gorgeous house and exploring the most beautiful places on earth. That's where the real visualization happens! Someday, it'll happen. :)

Anyways, back to the story! In addition to getting ready for the big move, I've been doing some more autumn Pinterest crafts! I've already posted about my Pumpkin Spice Coffee Creamer and Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Cookies, now I want to share a few more great projects!

I got together with my friend, Martha, last night for a little crafting and drinking. Martha is one of my Pinterest Partners in Crime! We made some bedazzled pumpkins and wore matching pumpkin earrings:

Gettin' into the festivities with matching pumpkin earrings!

But before we could get crafty, we needed some tequila. So, we made Apple Cider Margaritas (that I found on Pinterest, of course!) Let me tell you, they were surprisingly delicious! And look how gorgeous...

 Festive apple cider margs: Rimmed with cinnamon sugar and decorated with apple slices and orange wedges.

Keep scrolling...

Close up! Can't you just feel the warmth of the cider and gold tequila in your belly already?!

Alright, so once we enjoyed a fall-flavored margarita, the crafts began! We had already bought our fake pumpkins and craft supplies, and we had a few different pins for how to decorate pumpkins:

Ready to see what we came up with? Here's what we made!

Glittered, Painted, and Bedazzled Pinterest Pumpkins

Success!!! I hope you're coming along in your Pinterest crafts and goodies too!

Thanks for stopping by! :)

----------------------
All content is © Crossing into the Blue unless otherwise specified, and may NOT be re-used or re-distributed in ANY way, for commercial use OR non-commercial use, without my consent. "Commercial use" is to include blogs or web sites that use feeds in place of original content to generate traffic to them and then use ads, sponsored links, or affilate links to generate income.
MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

9 comments:

  1. Hey! I found you through the MilSO Directory on my blog - I was reading through your About Me and wanted to give you the link to Amanda over at Somewhere Over The Camo's blog. She is another spouse who isn't on the baby train ;-P I look forward to reading more about your Offbeat Air Force Wife journey! :)
    http://www.somewhereoverthecamo.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome!! I will definitely check her out! Thanks for stopping by, Rachel! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute blog.. and while I don't know much about the Airforce, I do know we have one thing in common... We love Fall (other than loving our hubs and dogs too!!) haha, I can't wait to go through some of my pinned crafts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, Amanda! Those are some awesome things to have in common: hubs, dogs, and autumn! ;-) The fall pins are so much fun to do-- have fun and happy fall!

      Delete
  4. I LOVE this post!!! Little Rachel you are so precious and I'm going to miss our craft nights!! But I will ALWAYS think of you when I wear my pumpkin earrings!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello,

    I have a quick question about your blog, do you think you could email me?

    I look forward to hearing from you,

    Emily

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Emily! Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to answer any questions you may have, but I couldn't find any contact info for you. Please email me at offbeat.airforcewife@gmail.com

      Looking forward to hearing from you!

      Delete
  6. Love your blog! Found it from another military spouses page! Being a newlywed, we aren't on the baby train yet... if ever! I recently was accepted to commission into the Air Force as an officer, while my husband is now AD enlisted in the AF. Love how you embrace being different from the cookie-cutter military wife! I feel relatable since I have many tattoos and now am joining as a leader! It's going to be an adventure!! Keep up the blogging! Also- Pinterest fan, but I still haven't mastered many food/drinks from there!

    The Kidwell's: Our Life as Airmen
    www.breeannahope.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey girl, just browsed through your blog! You two are super cute! Congrats on being accepted to commission! You will definitely have some great adventures and I look forward to keeping up with you! :)
      And keep trying with the Pinterest edibles-- there is SO much out there. I make a new recipe at least once a week!

      Thanks for stopping by, and keep in touch!

      Delete